Over the years, you expect your looks to change as wrinkles, fine lines, and a few grey hairs appear. For others, another issue can occur—hair loss. Although it’s often thought to only affect men, women often suffer from it as well. In fact, as much as 50% of women experience noticeable hair loss throughout their life. While there are various causes, 30 million women in the U.S. have female-pattern hair loss (FPLN). No matter the cause, you don’t need to live with hair loss in Highland Park. You can restore your confidence with thick, lush hair using NeoGraft.
What Causes Female Hair Loss?
On average, a woman loses about 50 to 100 hairs per day as a natural part of the shedding process. Your hair grows in three cycles:
- Anagen Phase: The active growing phases, which can last from 2 to 8 years.
- Catagen Phase: The hair follicle shrinks over the course of 2 to 3 weeks.
- Telogen Phase: The hair rests for 2 to 4 months before falling out.
Hair loss occurs when there’s an imbalance in the various stages of growth. The interruptions can result from several reasons, such as:
- Genetics: Often causes thinning hair along the top of the head. It tends to worsen during menopause because of low estrogen.
- Hair Styling: When the hair is pulled tight, such as from a ponytail or a braid, it causes damage to the hair follicles.
- Extreme Stress: Hair loss can occur from extreme stress or shock to the body, like surgery, illness, or having a baby.
- Toxic Substances: Certain medications or medical treatments, like chemotherapy, can lead to hair loss.
- Medical Conditions: Some medical conditions can cause hair loss, like autoimmune skin diseases.
- Nutritional Deficiencies: An unbalanced diet lead to hair loss.
How Can I Treat Hair Loss?
Depending on the underlying cause of your hair loss, the solution may be simple, such as changing your diet or hairstyle. Unfortunately for others, reversing hair loss may not be so simple, like when caused by genetics. You don’t need to turn to expensive medications or invasive surgeries. You can enjoy a minimally invasive solution with NeoGraft.
This revolutionary hair restoration treatment is a common option for those battling female hair loss in Highland Park. A unique harvesting method is used to extract hair follicles from the back of your head to transplant to the treatment sites. As your hair enters a new growth cycle, you will see your baldness and thinning become less noticeable.
NeoGraft is effective in treating various types of hair loss. It provides natural-looking results because it uses your own hair. If you’re living with the effects of hair loss, it’s time to take action to see if NeoGraft is right for you.
About Dr. Irvin Wiesman
Dr. Irvin Wiesman is a board-certified plastic surgeon and a hair restoration specialist. He is supported by extensive qualifications and training in a variety of treatments to help his patients look and feel their best. If you’re struggling with hair loss, he can help. Contact our office today to schedule your consultation for NeoGraft.