Hair loss is a stressful experience for both men and women. As you lose your hair, it is easy to feel insecure about your appearance; however, new research suggests it may impact more than just your looks. In fact, hair loss and mental health go hand in hand. 1 in 5 people who has hair loss have become depressed while 40% have also lost their confidence. If you are among those suffering from the complications of balding or thinning hair, you can restore your outlook on life and your self-esteem with NeoGraft.
Hair Loss and Mental Health
Hair loss can occur in anyone, no matter their age. It is estimated 50% of men and 45% of women will experience some degree of hair loss at some point in their life. 23% of people say it has negatively impacted their love life while 1 in 3 has lost their self-esteem.
Hair loss can change your quality of life in several areas, all of which increases your risk of depression due to the new concerns it causes.
- Loss of Youth: Many people attribute the loss of their hair to the end of their youth. They view it as inevitable aging, which negatively changes their appearance.
- Inability to Style Hair: Hair loss influences your ability to style your hair, which can lead to frustration.
- Changing Body Image: The change in a person’s hairline can cause them to have an aged appearance. Men, in particular, are more dissatisfied with their appearance as their forehead looks larger.
- Low Self-Esteem: Hair loss can make a person feel vulnerable and their self-worth decreases.
- Unattractive: Many people with hair loss feel they have become less attractive as an individual. This is especially true for women who feel they lose their youthful look and beauty.
- Social Teasing: Research shows 60% of bald men are teased about the issue at some point.
Treating Hair Loss
If you are among those who are living with the emotional and mental complications of hair loss, you can invest in your quality of life with Neo Graft. The hair restoration treatment is effective for men and women who want a minimally invasive solution to achieve lasting results. Your own hair is harvested and transplanted to the treatment area to achieve natural-looking results. You can grow your hair and your confidence back without scalpels and sutures.
Regain Your Happiness
Do not feel weighed down by hair loss any longer. Invest in your happiness with hair restoration today.
About Dr. Irvin Wiesman
Dr. Irvin Wiesman is a board-certified facial plastic surgeon who specializes in a variety of cosmetic treatments, including hair restoration. He offers the revolutionary treatment to restore your confidence. Besides treating areas of balding on the scalp, it can also be used for facial hair, like the beard, eyebrows, and sideburns. If you are ready to restore your self-esteem, contact Precision Hair Restoration today to schedule your consultation.