As you age, you may start to see changes to your hair, like thinning or baldness. The American Hair Loss Association reports as much as 85% of men and 40% of women experience some types of hair loss over the years. If it happens to you, it is easy to feel insecure about your appearance. To treat hair loss, Propecia is often used; however, it does come with several disadvantages. As an alternative, many people have now come to prefer NeoGraft.
Benefits of NeoGraft
NeoGraft is an innovative hair transplant technique that is minimally invasive while producing long-term results. A special device, called the Follicular Unit Extraction, collects individual hair follicles from donor sites and transplants them to the treatment areas. This unique process allows it to provide various benefits over Propecia, including:
- Quicker Recovery: NeoGraft is minimally invasive to provide a quicker recovery process. You can resume your normal activities the next day.
- Natural-Looking Results: The special device calibrates the depth of the harvested hairs to transplant them with precision. This creates a more natural-looking appearance while promoting a significant improvement in hair growth after just 12 weeks.
- Highly Successful: The innovative collection method offers a higher percentage rate for hair regrowth because NeoGraft transplants 2 times the number of follicles without stripping them.
- Perfect for Everyone: NeoGraft can be used for both men and women experiencing hair loss for a variety of reasons, including genetics, trauma, or stress.
Disadvantages of Propecia
Although Propecia may be a more well-known treatment, it does come with several disadvantages. While many people claim it to be a miracle drug, it can significantly impact your daily life. When choosing the drug, it is important to consider:
- It must be taken indefinitely to maintain your results.
- Propecia can cause possible sexual side effects.
- The medication is also used to treat an enlarged prostate.
- Some people report to experience a decrease in cognitive abilities.
- The long-term side effects are not completely known.
- Insurance does not help to cover the cost.
- Your hormone levels are altered.
Restore Your Hair Today!
If you are living with hair loss, you can revamp your confidence without the side effects of the conventional treatment. Now, you can enjoy a lasting solution that provides permanent results with NeoGraft. Your hair restoration specialist will determine if it is the right option for you.
About Dr. Irvin Wiesman
Dr. Irvin Wiesman is a board-certified plastic surgeon who strives to help his patients look and feel their best. He has completed extensive training in a variety of cosmetic procedures, allowing him to remain an active member of various organizations, including the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Dr. Wiesman provides his patients with the latest solutions to improve their confidence, including hair restoration. If you are ready to treat your hair loss without a pill, it is time to see if NeoGraft is right for you. Contact our office today to schedule your consultation.